Our Chapter History
In 1991, the UT Chapter received the international New Activity Award and honorable mention as outstanding chapter. In 1993 the UT Chapter was recognized as the outstanding chapter nationally. The UT Chapter was selected as a Gold Chapter in 2006-2007, 2007-2008, and 2009-2010 in recognition of the activities and accomplishments of our chapter during those academic years. Only five chapters are recognized each year with this designation. Our chapter was recognized at the international level receiving the 2008-2009 Outstanding Chapter Award and in 2010, our chapter was both a Gold Chapter and an international Conclave Poster Winner.
Among its accomplishment are the following:
- 2012 International Conclave Host
- Dr. John Riley, professor in the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, served as international president from 1998-2000 and continues to serve as international secretary.
- In 1993, under the leadership of Bonnie Riechert, the UT chapter was voted outstanding chapter in the nation.
- Noted for its outstanding service commitment and its active programs involving a high level of membership participation, the chapter in 1991 received the international "New Activity Award" and honorable mention as the outstanding chapter nationally.
- In 1978 the UT chapter hosted the biennial conclave during which organizational issues were discussed, international officers elected, and local chapters recognized. The theme was "Energy, Ecology and Esthetics."
Gold Chapter 2012-2013
Outstanding Chapter 2011-2012
Conclave Host 2012
Conclave Poster Winner 2010
Outstanding Chapter 2008-2009
Gold Chapter 2007-2008
Gold Chapter 2006-2007
Outstanding Chapter 1993
New Activity 1991
|"The binding together of earth, the mother of all, and the practice of agriculture, and the arts
relating thereto for the welfare of humankind."